MOUNT PLEASANT, Texas (AP) - An Amber Alert for a 14-year-old East Texas girl allegedly abducted by her ex-boyfriend has been canceled after she was found and rescued.
Mount Pleasant police Chief Wayne Isbell said Monday that 23-year-old Jesus Ramirez was obsessed with the girl he secretly dated. Authorities say Ramirez is in custody and the girl is safe.
Police said Ramirez abducted the teen, her 4-year-old sister and their mother from outside church Sunday afternoon. The mother and sister were freed unharmed. The vehicle Ramirez was driving was recovered after being wrecked just before 5 p.m. Sunday on a county road just west of Mount Pleasant.
Isbell said Ramirez was charged with sexual assault of a child after the girl's family learned the two had a relationship and forced them to break up.
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase