MOUNT PLEASANT, Texas (AP) - An Amber Alert for a 14-year-old East Texas girl allegedly abducted by her ex-boyfriend has been canceled after she was found and rescued.
Mount Pleasant police Chief Wayne Isbell said Monday that 23-year-old Jesus Ramirez was obsessed with the girl he secretly dated. Authorities say Ramirez is in custody and the girl is safe.
Police said Ramirez abducted the teen, her 4-year-old sister and their mother from outside church Sunday afternoon. The mother and sister were freed unharmed. The vehicle Ramirez was driving was recovered after being wrecked just before 5 p.m. Sunday on a county road just west of Mount Pleasant.
Isbell said Ramirez was charged with sexual assault of a child after the girl's family learned the two had a relationship and forced them to break up.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- US Supreme Court refuses appeals from 3 on Texas death row
- Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program