AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Gov. Rick Perry has sent an e-mail to friends and top fundraisers promising to reveal "exciting future plans" during an event Monday in San Antonio.
The message doesn't provide further details or even a location for the planned midday event, saying simply that more details will be forthcoming. But Perry has said he will soon announce if he plans to seek a fourth full term as governor next year.
The Republican is already the longest-serving governor in Texas history and America's longest-sitting governor.
He also hasn't ruled out a second run for president in 2016, after his previous bid for the GOP White House nomination fizzled in 2011. But Perry has also said he won't decide on that matter until later this year.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store