MESQUITE, Texas (AP) - Gov. Rick Perry and law enforcement officers from as far away as Britain are expected to attend a public memorial for a slain Texas prosecutor and his wife.
Officials with The Honor Network said an overflow crowd is expected Thursday in a suburban Dallas church for the ceremony to honor Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia. Both were found shot to death Saturday in their house near Forney, about 20 miles east of Dallas.
No arrests have been made.
The public memorial will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at First Baptist Church of Sunnyvale in Mesquite. The funeral will be 10 a.m. Friday at First Baptist Church in Wortham. Burial will be at Wortham Cemetery.
Wortham, where McLelland grew up, is 75 miles south of Dallas.
- Updated Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Updated Abilene allergist gives tips for dealing with fall allergies
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend