MESQUITE, Texas (AP) - Gov. Rick Perry and law enforcement officers from as far away as Britain are expected to attend a public memorial for a slain Texas prosecutor and his wife.
Officials with The Honor Network said an overflow crowd is expected Thursday in a suburban Dallas church for the ceremony to honor Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia. Both were found shot to death Saturday in their house near Forney, about 20 miles east of Dallas.
No arrests have been made.
The public memorial will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at First Baptist Church of Sunnyvale in Mesquite. The funeral will be 10 a.m. Friday at First Baptist Church in Wortham. Burial will be at Wortham Cemetery.
Wortham, where McLelland grew up, is 75 miles south of Dallas.
- Updated Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'