WICHITA FALLS, Texas - (AP) - The grandfather of a 9-year-old boy killed in an accidental shooting has been released from jail.
A Clay County Jail dispatcher said Sunday that 56-year-old Danny Eugene Bowman was no longer there.
The Wichita Falls Times Record (http://bit.ly/11FixDo ) reports Bowman was arrested Friday on a child endangerment charge. That came shortly after grandson Daniel Wiley was killed by a shotgun blast to the face in rural Clay County.
According to a probable cause affidavit obtained by the newspaper, Bowman told deputies he left Daniel and a 13-year-old grandson alone with a disabled, 76-year-old great-grandmother while he drove to get beer. He told them the weapon is always loaded and unsecured.
The older grandson told deputies the gun discharged when he handed it to Daniel.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated