WICHITA FALLS, Texas - (AP) - The grandfather of a 9-year-old boy killed in an accidental shooting has been released from jail.
A Clay County Jail dispatcher said Sunday that 56-year-old Danny Eugene Bowman was no longer there.
The Wichita Falls Times Record (http://bit.ly/11FixDo ) reports Bowman was arrested Friday on a child endangerment charge. That came shortly after grandson Daniel Wiley was killed by a shotgun blast to the face in rural Clay County.
According to a probable cause affidavit obtained by the newspaper, Bowman told deputies he left Daniel and a 13-year-old grandson alone with a disabled, 76-year-old great-grandmother while he drove to get beer. He told them the weapon is always loaded and unsecured.
The older grandson told deputies the gun discharged when he handed it to Daniel.
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman