DONNA, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a South Texas homeowner has shot and killed two people who asked about buying roosters then drew guns on the resident.
Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino on Monday said no charges were immediately filed over the shootings near Donna.
Deputies on Sunday night received 911 calls about gunfire, then found one man dead on a road and a second person deceased at a residence.
Trevino said preliminary information indicates two people drove to the home, inquired about buying some roosters - then flashed guns. The sheriff said the homeowner retrieved his own weapon and shots both individuals. All three guns have been recovered.
Names of the pair who died weren't immediately released. Autopsies were ordered.
The sheriff didn't immediately provide additional information on the roosters.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana