ROCKPORT, Texas (AP) - A South Texas jailer has been fired and charged with groping a female inmate while she was on kitchen duty.
Paul Noel has been charged violating the civil rights of a person in custody and improper sexual activity with a person in custody.
Noel worked at the Aransas County Detention Center in Rockport when an inmate in May filed a complaint about improper touching. The criminal complaint says the 65-year-old jailer supervised the woman, who alleges she was groped by him more than once.
Noel told KRIS-TV that the incidents were consensual.
Noel was put on leave following the complaint, fired in early June and arrested June 17. He's free on $2,500 bond.
Further details in the inmate weren't immediately available.
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning