AUSTIN, Texas - (AP) - A Central Texas man is facing charges after authorities allege he threatened a driver with a rifle during a road rage incident and then tossed the weapon into a neighbor's backyard.
The Austin American-Statesman reports (http://bit.ly/H3YFD8 ) 33-year-old Daniel Staley has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and driving while intoxicated.
According to an arrest affidavit, Staley was in his vehicle when he apparently began cursing at another driver Thursday night, pulled up next to the driver and then aimed a rifle at him.
Staley fled after the other driver called 911.
Police say a witness saw Staley go back to his neighborhood and toss an object, later identified as the rifle, into a neighbor's backyard.
Staley is being held at the Travis County Jail on $57,000 bail.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget