RICHLAND HILLS, Texas (AP) - A North Texas man is accused of carving a pentagram on his 6-year-old son's back, telling a 911 dispatcher that he did it because "it's a holy day."
According to Richland Hills police. Brent Troy Bartel faces charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He's jailed in lieu of $500,000 bond.
Sgt. Nathan Stringer said Bartel called 911 early Wednesday morning and said he'd shed innocent blood. Wednesday's date is 12-12-12, a once-in-a-century event.
Officers in the Fort Worth suburb said they arrived and found that most of the child's back was covered with a large pentagram. Richland Hills police also recovered a box cutter they believe was the weapon used to cut the boy.
The child was taken to a hospital. His condition was not immediately released.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget