ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - A North Texas man has been accused of killing his mother and threatening his grandparents by allegedly pointing a gun at them.
Arlington City Jail records show 20-year-old Johnathan Peter Lannon of Arlington was being held without bond Tuesday on charges of murder and aggravated assault. Online jail records do no list an attorney for Lannon, who was arrested Monday night after a woman called 911 to report she feared for her safety because her son had a gun.
Arriving officers found the woman had been shot and she was transported to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. A coroner identified the victim as 38-year-old Melanie Spencer of Arlington.
Arlington police say the incident happened at a residence. Further details on who lives at the home weren't immediately available.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon