ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - A North Texas man has been accused of killing his mother and threatening his grandparents by allegedly pointing a gun at them.
Arlington City Jail records show 20-year-old Johnathan Peter Lannon of Arlington was being held without bond Tuesday on charges of murder and aggravated assault. Online jail records do no list an attorney for Lannon, who was arrested Monday night after a woman called 911 to report she feared for her safety because her son had a gun.
Arriving officers found the woman had been shot and she was transported to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. A coroner identified the victim as 38-year-old Melanie Spencer of Arlington.
Arlington police say the incident happened at a residence. Further details on who lives at the home weren't immediately available.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store