FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - North Texas police are searching for a man who attacked a father and his son with a saw and ax, realized he mistook them for someone else, then apologized and fled.
A 50-year-old man was struck with the electric saw Sunday at a Fort Worth gas station. He and his 25-year-old son had driven to the station in separate vehicles when an older model pickup truck drove up. The pickup's driver approached them in a rage. He swung the saw at the father, who suffered a cut to his head, and threatened the son with the ax.
The pair was able to wrest the saw from the attacker, who realized his mistake and apologized before getting back into his pickup.
- Updated Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Texas councilman, wife
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Sunday Forecast: Cold front bringing cooler temperatures, more rain
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation