FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - North Texas police are searching for a man who attacked a father and his son with a saw and ax, realized he mistook them for someone else, then apologized and fled.
A 50-year-old man was struck with the electric saw Sunday at a Fort Worth gas station. He and his 25-year-old son had driven to the station in separate vehicles when an older model pickup truck drove up. The pickup's driver approached them in a rage. He swung the saw at the father, who suffered a cut to his head, and threatened the son with the ax.
The pair was able to wrest the saw from the attacker, who realized his mistake and apologized before getting back into his pickup.
- Hillary Clinton's challenge: Igniting excitement
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Texas sales tax holiday set for first weekend of August