TYLER, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a man in East Texas has suffered severe burns after his camouflage-like Halloween costume caught fire in an alleged cigarette accident.
Tyler Fire Department officials on Friday did not immediately identify the hospitalized man or update his condition. Fire Marshal Paul Findley said the victim wore camouflage-type clothing that resembles foliage - commonly known as a ghillie suit.
Findley said crews on Thursday night were dispatched to a Tyler home about a person on fire. Bystanders help put out the blaze. The victim was transported to a Tyler hospital then moved to a burn unit in Dallas.
Findley said investigators believe the fire may have been the result of cigarette smoking materials.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death