KILGORE, Texas (AP) - An East Texas man has been charged with the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old girl while she and some friends were visiting him at his mobile home.
Gregg County jail records show 22-year-old Coby Hudgins of Kilgore was being held Monday on murder and driving while intoxicated charges. Bond was set at $101,000 for Hudgins, who was booked Sunday.
Kilgore police on Saturday night responded to a report of a person shot at a residence. Investigators say Kayla Elizabeth Williams of Hallsville was dead at the scene. Police did not release a possible motive.
Witnesses told police that Hudgins fled after the gunfire. He was involved in a traffic accident and arrested on a DWI count, then later charged with murder.
Online jail records don't list an attorney for Hudgins.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer