KILGORE, Texas (AP) - An East Texas man has been charged with the fatal shooting of a 17-year-old girl while she and some friends were visiting him at his mobile home.
Gregg County jail records show 22-year-old Coby Hudgins of Kilgore was being held Monday on murder and driving while intoxicated charges. Bond was set at $101,000 for Hudgins, who was booked Sunday.
Kilgore police on Saturday night responded to a report of a person shot at a residence. Investigators say Kayla Elizabeth Williams of Hallsville was dead at the scene. Police did not release a possible motive.
Witnesses told police that Hudgins fled after the gunfire. He was involved in a traffic accident and arrested on a DWI count, then later charged with murder.
Online jail records don't list an attorney for Hudgins.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range