MARSHALL, Texas (AP) - An East Texas man has been charged with killing his wife and fleeing with their 4-year-old daughter, who hours later was found unharmed with her father.
Marshall police say 35-year-old Brad Allen Dunn of Marshall was arrested late Sunday near Linden, 30 miles north of Marshall, on a murder charge.
Cass County jail records show Dunn was being held Monday. Sheriff's officials referred questions to Marshall police, who didn't immediately update the investigation.
Detective Sonya Johnson previously said police Sunday morning responded to a dispute at a Marshall motel. Investigators say 31-year-Kari Rene Dunn was dead at the scene. Her husband and their daughter, Kylie, were missing.
An Amber Alert was issued for the girl, who was located with her father.
Marshall is 145 miles southeast of Dallas.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash