MARSHALL, Texas (AP) - An East Texas man has been charged with killing his wife and fleeing with their 4-year-old daughter, who hours later was found unharmed with her father.
Marshall police say 35-year-old Brad Allen Dunn of Marshall was arrested late Sunday near Linden, 30 miles north of Marshall, on a murder charge.
Cass County jail records show Dunn was being held Monday. Sheriff's officials referred questions to Marshall police, who didn't immediately update the investigation.
Detective Sonya Johnson previously said police Sunday morning responded to a dispute at a Marshall motel. Investigators say 31-year-Kari Rene Dunn was dead at the scene. Her husband and their daughter, Kylie, were missing.
An Amber Alert was issued for the girl, who was located with her father.
Marshall is 145 miles southeast of Dallas.
- Updated Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills