BRENHAM, Texas - (AP) - A 65-year-old Central Texas man has been sentenced to 725 years in prison for sex crimes against two young children.
A Washington County jury in Brenham sentenced Benny Joseph Walker on Wednesday to three 75-year prison terms for each of three sexual assault counts for which he was convicted Wednesday. Jurors also assessed four-year terms for each of 125 child pornography charges. The sentences are to be served consecutively.
Walker was arrested in June after the two children told a relative that he had molested them while they were staying at his rural home about 90 miles northwest of Houston.
District Attorney Julie Renken told The Eagle of Bryan-College Station (http://bit.ly/1cTMLZR) that Walker would not become eligible for parole for 185 years.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire