FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A North Texas man has been sentenced to 99 years in prison for raping a 12-year-old family friend and trying to sell her for sex to bar patrons - who refused.
Prosecutors on Thursday announced the penalty for 30-year-old Ricky D. Davis of Fort Worth.
A Tarrant County jury on Wednesday convicted Davis of aggravated sexual assault of a child and trafficking a person under age 18, then ordered concurrent 99-year prison terms.
The girl last summer was invited to spend a night at the Davis home, where he lived with his girlfriend and her three children.
Prosecutors say Davis raped the girl while they were alone, then drove with her to a bar and asked patrons to pay $50 to have sex with her. A bouncer rescued the child.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated