FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A North Texas man has been sentenced to 99 years in prison for raping a 12-year-old family friend and trying to sell her for sex to bar patrons - who refused.
Prosecutors on Thursday announced the penalty for 30-year-old Ricky D. Davis of Fort Worth.
A Tarrant County jury on Wednesday convicted Davis of aggravated sexual assault of a child and trafficking a person under age 18, then ordered concurrent 99-year prison terms.
The girl last summer was invited to spend a night at the Davis home, where he lived with his girlfriend and her three children.
Prosecutors say Davis raped the girl while they were alone, then drove with her to a bar and asked patrons to pay $50 to have sex with her. A bouncer rescued the child.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash