DALLAS (AP) - A North Texas man has been sentenced to life in prison in the starvation death of his 10-year-old son.
A Dallas County jury sentenced Aaron Ramsey late Tuesday, hours after convicting him of serious injury to a child.
Prosecutors said the 35-year-old father locked his son, Johnathan, in his room, where he slowly starved on a diet of bread and water.
Investigators contend Ramsey dumped the child's emaciated body in a rural area south of Dallas in 2011. The boy's remains were found in the area a year ago in a creek.
Aaron Ramsey allegedly told police he limited the boy's meals to bread, water and sometimes milk for several months after he started misbehaving. The child's stepmother is also facing charges.
- Updated Historical treasures lost, damaged in Italian quake
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene