ARGYLE, Texas - The son of a North Texas woman is grappling with the deaths of his mother, stepfather and two half-siblings when a pickup truck slammed head-on into their vacation van in New Mexico.
The Friday night crash in northwestern New Mexico killed 48-year-old LeAnn Miller, 47-year-old Michael Miller and their children, 12-year-old Zoey and 7-year-old Miles. The pickup truck driver suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
Cory Dixon says he was at the family's Argyle home when he talked with his mother by phone for about 10 minutes shortly after 8 p.m. Friday. Eight minutes later, the rest of the family was dead.
Dixon, who's 24, told the Denton Record-Chronicle that he was thankful that he talked with his mother one last time before she died.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS