HOUSTON - (AP) - A man wanted for murder in Harris County is in custody after leading authorities on a chase covering nearly 100 miles from Beaumont to Houston.
Police haven't released the man's name but Beaumont police spokesman Jose Ornelas says officers there spotted a car with Tennessee plates driving erratically on Interstate 10 Friday evening. Then he picked up speed, nearly to 100 mph, heading west on the freeway.
Beaumont officers got help from Texas state troopers, Chambers County sheriff's deputies and finally Houston police, who set up spike strips that flattened his tires.
Ornelas said authorities determined a warrant had been issued for the driver for murder and aggravated assault in Harris County. They also found a weapon in his vehicle.
Details of the murder charge aren't immediately known.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017