SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A 67-year-old man has been sentenced to decades in prison for raping his son's prom date.
Ismael Cruz claimed to have consumed more than 60 beers on the night of his son's prom in May 2012. The son's date, 19 at the time, told police she had fallen asleep at his home after an evening of drinking. She woke at some point in the night to find her dress partially removed and Cruz on top of her.
When she screamed, the son came to her aid and began beating his father.
Cruz was sentenced Monday to 35 years in prison for the rape. He faced a minimum sentence of 25 years because of two prior convictions for driving while intoxicated.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account