LUBBOCK, Texas - LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - A husband who Lubbock police say strangled his wife during an argument slept beside her in their bed after she died and then dumped her body elsewhere the next day.
The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal cites court records in reporting Saturday that 43-year-old Epifanio Jose Guzman told investigators he strangled 41-year-old Rachel Guzman from behind until her body went limp. He then laid her body in their bed and slept beside her.
The next day he wrapped her body in a red sleeping bag, loaded it in his car and drove to Big Spring, about 100 miles away. Her body was found June 4 by Big Spring police.
Lubbock County jail records did not show an attorney for Epifanio Guzman, whose bond on a murder charge was set at $1 million.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated