LUBBOCK, Texas - LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - A husband who Lubbock police say strangled his wife during an argument slept beside her in their bed after she died and then dumped her body elsewhere the next day.
The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal cites court records in reporting Saturday that 43-year-old Epifanio Jose Guzman told investigators he strangled 41-year-old Rachel Guzman from behind until her body went limp. He then laid her body in their bed and slept beside her.
The next day he wrapped her body in a red sleeping bag, loaded it in his car and drove to Big Spring, about 100 miles away. Her body was found June 4 by Big Spring police.
Lubbock County jail records did not show an attorney for Epifanio Guzman, whose bond on a murder charge was set at $1 million.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account