LUBBOCK, Texas - LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - A husband who Lubbock police say strangled his wife during an argument slept beside her in their bed after she died and then dumped her body elsewhere the next day.
The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal cites court records in reporting Saturday that 43-year-old Epifanio Jose Guzman told investigators he strangled 41-year-old Rachel Guzman from behind until her body went limp. He then laid her body in their bed and slept beside her.
The next day he wrapped her body in a red sleeping bag, loaded it in his car and drove to Big Spring, about 100 miles away. Her body was found June 4 by Big Spring police.
Lubbock County jail records did not show an attorney for Epifanio Guzman, whose bond on a murder charge was set at $1 million.
- Retired Texas teachers' health care premiums projected to double
- Updated Abilene mayor says city playing 'catch up' on roads
- Updated Teen flown to Abilene hospital after Sweetwater rollover crash
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm, quiet conditions to finish the week
- Updated Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Abilene ISD bus barn ransacked during break-in
- Dyess Big Country AirFest to arrive at Abilene Regional Airport
- Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Jury finds Abilene mother guilty of intentionally starving baby
- Country stars headed to Abilene for Outlaws and Legends music festival
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency