LUBBOCK, Texas - LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - A husband who Lubbock police say strangled his wife during an argument slept beside her in their bed after she died and then dumped her body elsewhere the next day.
The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal cites court records in reporting Saturday that 43-year-old Epifanio Jose Guzman told investigators he strangled 41-year-old Rachel Guzman from behind until her body went limp. He then laid her body in their bed and slept beside her.
The next day he wrapped her body in a red sleeping bag, loaded it in his car and drove to Big Spring, about 100 miles away. Her body was found June 4 by Big Spring police.
Lubbock County jail records did not show an attorney for Epifanio Guzman, whose bond on a murder charge was set at $1 million.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Arizona woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed