SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A South Texas woman has been accused of ripping her 6-year-old son's genitals during a rage and trying to repair the wound with glue.
An FBI complaint charges the 34-year-old San Antonio woman with assault within maritime and territorial jurisdiction resulting in serious bodily injury. The mother, who was arrested Wednesday, remains in custody pending a bail hearing Monday in federal court in San Antonio.
The boy's father is in the Army. The incident happened Sept. 27 at the family's home at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston.
Prosecutors say the father returned home from work, found his injured son and took him to a military hospital. The boy, who's recovering from a lacerated scrotum and bruising, remains with his father.
Authorities are investigating why the mother was angry.
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Abilene woman pleads guilty to aggravated ID theft
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget