SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A South Texas woman has been accused of ripping her 6-year-old son's genitals during a rage and trying to repair the wound with glue.
An FBI complaint charges the 34-year-old San Antonio woman with assault within maritime and territorial jurisdiction resulting in serious bodily injury. The mother, who was arrested Wednesday, remains in custody pending a bail hearing Monday in federal court in San Antonio.
The boy's father is in the Army. The incident happened Sept. 27 at the family's home at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston.
Prosecutors say the father returned home from work, found his injured son and took him to a military hospital. The boy, who's recovering from a lacerated scrotum and bruising, remains with his father.
Authorities are investigating why the mother was angry.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash