HOUSTON (AP) - A Houston woman has been accused of going to work at a bar and leaving her three toddlers home alone after the children were found eating food dumped in the trash.
Harris County jail records show 22-year-old Kimberly Rodriguez was being held Wednesday on child endangerment charges. No attorney was listed for Rodriguez, whose bond was set at $35,000.
Child Protective Services took custody of the children - ages 3, 2 and 1 - after the siblings were found last weekend wandering outside at an apartment complex.
CPS spokeswoman Estella Olguin says neighbors saw the children going through some garbage and eating items like banana peels. Neighbors called police after nobody was home at the children's apartment.
Police located Rodriguez last Friday night at the bar where she works.
- Updated Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Updated Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Updated Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Updated Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash