HOUSTON (AP) - A Houston woman has been accused of going to work at a bar and leaving her three toddlers home alone after the children were found eating food dumped in the trash.
Harris County jail records show 22-year-old Kimberly Rodriguez was being held Wednesday on child endangerment charges. No attorney was listed for Rodriguez, whose bond was set at $35,000.
Child Protective Services took custody of the children - ages 3, 2 and 1 - after the siblings were found last weekend wandering outside at an apartment complex.
CPS spokeswoman Estella Olguin says neighbors saw the children going through some garbage and eating items like banana peels. Neighbors called police after nobody was home at the children's apartment.
Police located Rodriguez last Friday night at the bar where she works.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital