AUSTIN, Texas - Ezekiel O'Neal Harris, a 28-year-old man who was on the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender list, has been arrested in Ennis.
According to the Department of Public Safety, Harris was taken into custody on Aug. 13 after DPS announced a $3,000 reward was being offered for help in locating him.
Police are offering a $3,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of a man on the state's Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders list.
Ezekiel O'Neal Harris, 28, whose last known address is in Bryan and who also has ties to Brenham, is wanted for failing to comply with sex offender registration requirements.
According to the DPS website:
"In 2004, Ezekiel Harris was found guilty of Sexual Assault from an incident involving a 12-year-old girl that occurred in Brenham, Texas. He received 10 years' probation. Since then, Harris has repeatedly violated his probation and failed to comply with sex offender registration requirements.
"In April 2013, Harris was discharged from TDCJ prison and established residency in Bryan, Texas. He subsequently failed to report a change of address, and as a result, the Brazos County Sheriff's Office issued a warrant for his arrest in May 2013 for Failure to Comply with Sex Offender Registration."
Here's the Texas Department of Public Safety's news release in its entirety:
AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Ezekiel Harris, 28, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders list, and a cash reward up to $3,000 is now being offered for information leading to his capture. Harris is wanted for failure to comply with sex offender registration requirements. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
Harris' last known address was in Bryan, and he also has ties to Brenham. His criminal history includes sexual assault, probation violation, evading arrest/detention and criminal trespass. For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/SexOffenderDetails.aspx?id=253
Harris is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs approximately 150 pounds. He has tattoos on his upper right and left arms, and scars on his upper left arm and right leg.
Texas Crime Stoppers, which is funded by the Governor's Criminal Justice Division, offers cash rewards to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitives or sex offenders.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, there are four different ways to provide anonymous tips:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the "SUBMIT A TIP" link (under the "About" section).
All calls, texts, e-mails and Facebook messages are anonymous.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives and Sex Offenders lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances