FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - Fort Worth police say a woman has been arrested after telling officers that she stabbed her 3-year-old son.
Nadia Douglas was arrested at the scene Saturday on suspicion of causing serious bodily injury to a child. Douglas, who is 33, remained in Mansfield Jail on Monday on $500,000 bond. Jail records did not list an attorney for her.
Police responding to a call found her alone with the child in an apartment. Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kelly Peel said the child was bleeding heavily when police arrived.
The boy was being treated at Cook Children's Medical Center.
Marissa Gonzales, a spokeswoman for Texas Child Protective Services, said they will investigate the case.
She said CPS did not have any previous complaints on Douglas.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer