FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - Fort Worth police say a woman has been arrested after telling officers that she stabbed her 3-year-old son.
Nadia Douglas was arrested at the scene Saturday on suspicion of causing serious bodily injury to a child. Douglas, who is 33, remained in Mansfield Jail on Monday on $500,000 bond. Jail records did not list an attorney for her.
Police responding to a call found her alone with the child in an apartment. Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kelly Peel said the child was bleeding heavily when police arrived.
The boy was being treated at Cook Children's Medical Center.
Marissa Gonzales, a spokeswoman for Texas Child Protective Services, said they will investigate the case.
She said CPS did not have any previous complaints on Douglas.
- Updated Flint water crisis: New criminal charges filed
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Firefighters extinguish garbage truck fire in north Abilene