PLANO, Texas - (AP) - Police in a Dallas suburb are investigating the deaths of a mid-20s woman and her 4-year-old son in a possible murder-suicide.
Plano (PLAY'-no) police said Friday that officers responding to a welfare call found the woman and her son dead. Each had a gunshot wound. A handgun was found at the scene.
Officer David Tilley says officers are still investigating a possible motive, but all indications are that the mother shot her son. Tilley says he's not aware of any previous calls to the woman's apartment or signs of trouble.
The Collin County medical examiner's has not yet determined the cause of death.
Police identified the woman as Lydia Soto. The boy's name was not released.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash