HOUSTON, Texas - (AP) - A Houston mother faces four charges of injury to a child after doctors suspected abuse when she took her 6-year-old son to a hospital for treatment of a broken arm.
KHOU-TV (http://bit.ly/13HHEcs ) reports that 26-year-old Jessica Ann Mungia is accused of burning her son's tongue with a hot spoon, making him stand in an ant bed, hitting him on the head with a screwdriver and cutting his arm with a knife.
Online jail records did not show an attorney for Mungia. She was arrested Thursday and remained jailed Saturday in lieu of $60,000 bail.
In May, hospital doctors called authorities after finding wounds and bruises on the boy's body that fit descriptions he gave of what his mother did.
Children's Protective Services investigators also were called to the hospital.
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event