HOUSTON (AP) - Houston police say they found a 35-year-old woman and her 13-year-old daughter shot to death Christmas Eve after the mother's ex-boyfriend told relatives he had taken care of "unfinished business."
Houston police spokesman John Cannon says the suspect was detained Monday and will be charged with capital murder. He did not release the identities of the victims or the suspect.
Cannon says relatives became concerned after the suspect said he had "gotten rid of some things that had been troubling him."
Cannon says the relatives called police as they drove toward the ex-girlfriend's condo, and reported the suspect appeared drunk and had a gun. Relatives found the two bodies.
The suspect is not the teenage girl's father.
Cannon says the suspect and the woman have a 7-year-old son who was unharmed.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin