SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A murder trial in San Antonio has been postponed after a woman described by prosecutors as a critical witness was fatally shot last weekend in the driveway of her home.
Authorities say 44-year-old Julie Ann Rodriguez was headed for church Sunday morning when she was shot and killed in front of her teenage sons. The gunman then got into a waiting car and fled.
The slaying remains under investigation.
Prosecutors were granted a motion Tuesday to delay the trial of her ex-boyfriend, 44-year-old Martin Barrera Balboa. He's charged with a decade-old slaying in San Antonio.
Prosecutors aren't disclosing the nature of what she would have testified.
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog