SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A murder trial in San Antonio has been postponed after a woman described by prosecutors as a critical witness was fatally shot last weekend in the driveway of her home.
Authorities say 44-year-old Julie Ann Rodriguez was headed for church Sunday morning when she was shot and killed in front of her teenage sons. The gunman then got into a waiting car and fled.
The slaying remains under investigation.
Prosecutors were granted a motion Tuesday to delay the trial of her ex-boyfriend, 44-year-old Martin Barrera Balboa. He's charged with a decade-old slaying in San Antonio.
Prosecutors aren't disclosing the nature of what she would have testified.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale