SAN ANTONIO - (AP) - A San Antonio police officer accused of raping a woman in his patrol car while on duty now faces a federal civil rights violation charge.
Jail records show 40-year-old Officer Jackie Len Neal was booked Wednesday night and freed Thursday on $10,000 bond. The charge involves improper sexual activity with a person in custody.
Neal was arrested last Saturday on a sexual assault charge after a 19-year-old woman reported being raped during a traffic stop a day earlier. Neal was freed on bond following the initial charge. Online jail records don't list an attorney for Neal, who's been on paid administrative leave since being charged with sexual assault.
Police Chief William McManus has said there's no such thing as consensual sex while on duty.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger