SAN ANTONIO, Texas - San Antonio police say an off-duty officer has died in a bicycling accident after striking a tree.
Police spokesman Douglas Greene tells the San Antonio Express-News the officer was biking for recreation when struck a tree Saturday afternoon near the Jack White Trailhead.
Greene says the officer struck the tree with his face. Officers and the Bexar County medical examiner are still investigating whether any other factors contributed to the unidentified officer's death.
The officer's body was discovered by a jogger who immediately alerted authorities.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill