SAN ANTONIO, Texas - San Antonio police say an off-duty officer has died in a bicycling accident after striking a tree.
Police spokesman Douglas Greene tells the San Antonio Express-News the officer was biking for recreation when struck a tree Saturday afternoon near the Jack White Trailhead.
Greene says the officer struck the tree with his face. Officers and the Bexar County medical examiner are still investigating whether any other factors contributed to the unidentified officer's death.
The officer's body was discovered by a jogger who immediately alerted authorities.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth