HOUSTON - (AP) - Texas law enforcement agencies have found the body of a missing postal worker in the remains of her burned vehicle in a Houston suburb.
U.S. postal carrier Marie Youngblood had used her personal vehicle to deliver mail on her rural route. Investigators found her body late in that car late Friday.
The San Jacinto Sheriff's Department and other investigating agencies say they are looking for 37-year-old James Wayne Ham. They say he is considered armed and dangerous and is a person of interest in Youngblood's death.
U.S. Postal Inspector Dana Carter told KTRK-TV the agency considers the incident a "very serious matter for my agency."
The connection between Youngblood and Ham remains unclear.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot