SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP) - A San Antonio police report indicates a pizza delivery man struggled with someone trying to steal his car before suffering a fatal head injury after being pinned between his car and a parked car.
The San Antonio Express-News reports that 46-year-old William James O'Neill was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead Wednesday night. His vehicle, a 2000 Toyota Camry, was located Friday morning. It was found in an area about 20 miles away from the apartment complex where he was hit while making deliveries for Papa John's Pizza.
The woman who ordered the pizza said O'Neill kept looking back toward his parked car as he made the delivery. He then told her he'd left his car running and thought there was a suspicious man walking nearby.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Justin Ross Harris gets life for leaving boy in hot car to die
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade