SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP) - A San Antonio police report indicates a pizza delivery man struggled with someone trying to steal his car before suffering a fatal head injury after being pinned between his car and a parked car.
The San Antonio Express-News reports that 46-year-old William James O'Neill was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead Wednesday night. His vehicle, a 2000 Toyota Camry, was located Friday morning. It was found in an area about 20 miles away from the apartment complex where he was hit while making deliveries for Papa John's Pizza.
The woman who ordered the pizza said O'Neill kept looking back toward his parked car as he made the delivery. He then told her he'd left his car running and thought there was a suspicious man walking nearby.
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Texas man charged with beheading wife after police visit