SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP) - A San Antonio police report indicates a pizza delivery man struggled with someone trying to steal his car before suffering a fatal head injury after being pinned between his car and a parked car.
The San Antonio Express-News reports that 46-year-old William James O'Neill was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead Wednesday night. His vehicle, a 2000 Toyota Camry, was located Friday morning. It was found in an area about 20 miles away from the apartment complex where he was hit while making deliveries for Papa John's Pizza.
The woman who ordered the pizza said O'Neill kept looking back toward his parked car as he made the delivery. He then told her he'd left his car running and thought there was a suspicious man walking nearby.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store