HOUSTON (AP) - Authorities say a 5-year-old girl, a 9-year-old boy and their uncle have drowned during a family fishing and swimming outing at a Houston bayou.
Houston police on Monday identified the victims as Diana Morales, Ricardo Guidel and 31-year-old Laurencio Guidel.
The accident happened Sunday afternoon at Sims Bayou. Authorities said the two children were drowning when their uncle tried to save them.
A bystander pulled the two children from the water. Police said the youngsters were pronounced dead at a hospital.
The body of their uncle was recovered later by a police dive team.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death