SANTA FE, Texas (AP) - Police in Southeast Texas say the mother of a 14-year-old boy shot in the leg in a videotaped incident didn't seek help for seven hours while researching gunshot wounds online.
Santa Fe police said a man living at the home, 23-year-old Pete Jesse Rodriguez, was being held Thursday on a charge of injury to a child with intent to commit serious bodily injury. Police had no information on a lawyer for Rodriguez, whose bond is $151,000, or his relationship to the family.
Capt. Wayne Kessler said the home's security video shows Rodriguez playing with a gun Tuesday night, tracking the boy and firing.
Police said the mother and teen checked WebMD.com before going to a hospital. He's in stable condition.
Police declined to release the video - saying it's evidence.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin