KILLEEN, Texas (AP) - Police in Killeen are looking for a woman seen on a Walmart surveillance tape after a newborn infant girl was found unresponsive in a restroom at the Central Texas store.
Police were called Friday afternoon after an employee found the abandoned child not breathing. The girl was pronounced dead by a justice of the peace and an autopsy has been ordered.
Killeen police spokesman Carroll Smith said Sunday detectives believe the woman on the tape may have information about the case. She appears light-skinned and dark-haired and seen wearing a green T-shirt as she emerges from the restroom at the back of the store.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'
- Updated Hundreds in Abilene run 5K race to support law enforcement