KILLEEN, Texas (AP) - Police in Killeen are looking for a woman seen on a Walmart surveillance tape after a newborn infant girl was found unresponsive in a restroom at the Central Texas store.
Police were called Friday afternoon after an employee found the abandoned child not breathing. The girl was pronounced dead by a justice of the peace and an autopsy has been ordered.
Killeen police spokesman Carroll Smith said Sunday detectives believe the woman on the tape may have information about the case. She appears light-skinned and dark-haired and seen wearing a green T-shirt as she emerges from the restroom at the back of the store.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Associated Press releases it's Texas high school football rankings for Week 1
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase