KILLEEN, Texas (AP) - Police in Killeen are looking for a woman seen on a Walmart surveillance tape after a newborn infant girl was found unresponsive in a restroom at the Central Texas store.
Police were called Friday afternoon after an employee found the abandoned child not breathing. The girl was pronounced dead by a justice of the peace and an autopsy has been ordered.
Killeen police spokesman Carroll Smith said Sunday detectives believe the woman on the tape may have information about the case. She appears light-skinned and dark-haired and seen wearing a green T-shirt as she emerges from the restroom at the back of the store.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated