KILLEEN, Texas (AP) - Police in Killeen are looking for a woman seen on a Walmart surveillance tape after a newborn infant girl was found unresponsive in a restroom at the Central Texas store.
Police were called Friday afternoon after an employee found the abandoned child not breathing. The girl was pronounced dead by a justice of the peace and an autopsy has been ordered.
Killeen police spokesman Carroll Smith said Sunday detectives believe the woman on the tape may have information about the case. She appears light-skinned and dark-haired and seen wearing a green T-shirt as she emerges from the restroom at the back of the store.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store