LEWISVILLE, Texas (AP) - An Oklahoma man suspected of killing his mother and abducting his 6-year-old son faces first-degree murder and kidnapping charges after being caught in North Texas.
Lewisville city jail records show 38-year-old Robert Connor III was held without bond Wednesday just hours after he surrendered at a motel. His unharmed son, Declan, was with him and was taken into protective custody.
Capt. Jay Powell said police in the Dallas-area city will coordinate with Oklahoma authorities on the suspect's return.
An Amber Alert was issued for the boy Tuesday night by the Osage County Sheriff's Office after Deborah Connor was fatally shot at a home near Sand Springs, Okla. Sheriff Ty Koch said Robert Connor and his mother apparently argued over money and her grandson was staying with her.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store