DALLAS (AP) - Police say an eighth woman has been identified as a victim of a serial rapist who's responsible for attacks since June in South Dallas.
Investigators say the latest victim came forward Wednesday to say she was assaulted Aug. 28. They say the suspect targets women out walking in the early morning hours.
Police say six attacks happened in the last two weeks and the man usually tries to rob the women before the sexual assaults.
Maj. Jeff Cotner advises the public to use care when walking in the area near Fair Park, where the State Fair of Texas runs Sept. 27 through Oct. 20. Patrols are being increased.
Crime Stoppers has offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest or indictment of the man.
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning