DALLAS (AP) - Police say an eighth woman has been identified as a victim of a serial rapist who's responsible for attacks since June in South Dallas.
Investigators say the latest victim came forward Wednesday to say she was assaulted Aug. 28. They say the suspect targets women out walking in the early morning hours.
Police say six attacks happened in the last two weeks and the man usually tries to rob the women before the sexual assaults.
Maj. Jeff Cotner advises the public to use care when walking in the area near Fair Park, where the State Fair of Texas runs Sept. 27 through Oct. 20. Patrols are being increased.
Crime Stoppers has offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest or indictment of the man.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated