DALLAS (AP) - Police say an eighth woman has been identified as a victim of a serial rapist who's responsible for attacks since June in South Dallas.
Investigators say the latest victim came forward Wednesday to say she was assaulted Aug. 28. They say the suspect targets women out walking in the early morning hours.
Police say six attacks happened in the last two weeks and the man usually tries to rob the women before the sexual assaults.
Maj. Jeff Cotner advises the public to use care when walking in the area near Fair Park, where the State Fair of Texas runs Sept. 27 through Oct. 20. Patrols are being increased.
Crime Stoppers has offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest or indictment of the man.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon