EDINBURG, Texas (AP) - The relatives of a Texas man who killed his former daughter-in-law and her friend before killing himself at a Delaware courthouse saw no signs that Thomas Matusiewicz (muh-TOO'-suh-wits) would take such a drastic step.
Juan Gonzalez, Matusiewicz's son-in-law, said Tuesday that he and his wife, Amy, saw Matusiewicz about five or six days ago when they were making arrangements for their animals to be fed while he was in Delaware to attend a court hearing.
Gonzalez said the family is still trying to find out why he carried out the shootings.
On Tuesday afternoon, the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office and FBI executed a search warrant on the Mantusiewiczes' rural South Texas home.
Sheriff Lupe Trevino said they were searching the premises on a request from the Delaware State Police.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking