EDINBURG, Texas (AP) - The relatives of a Texas man who killed his former daughter-in-law and her friend before killing himself at a Delaware courthouse saw no signs that Thomas Matusiewicz (muh-TOO'-suh-wits) would take such a drastic step.
Juan Gonzalez, Matusiewicz's son-in-law, said Tuesday that he and his wife, Amy, saw Matusiewicz about five or six days ago when they were making arrangements for their animals to be fed while he was in Delaware to attend a court hearing.
Gonzalez said the family is still trying to find out why he carried out the shootings.
On Tuesday afternoon, the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office and FBI executed a search warrant on the Mantusiewiczes' rural South Texas home.
Sheriff Lupe Trevino said they were searching the premises on a request from the Delaware State Police.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated