EDINBURG, Texas (AP) - The relatives of a Texas man who killed his former daughter-in-law and her friend before killing himself at a Delaware courthouse saw no signs that Thomas Matusiewicz (muh-TOO'-suh-wits) would take such a drastic step.
Juan Gonzalez, Matusiewicz's son-in-law, said Tuesday that he and his wife, Amy, saw Matusiewicz about five or six days ago when they were making arrangements for their animals to be fed while he was in Delaware to attend a court hearing.
Gonzalez said the family is still trying to find out why he carried out the shootings.
On Tuesday afternoon, the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office and FBI executed a search warrant on the Mantusiewiczes' rural South Texas home.
Sheriff Lupe Trevino said they were searching the premises on a request from the Delaware State Police.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances