IRVING, Texas (AP) - Retail gasoline prices across Texas have dropped 4 cents this week.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the average price at the pump fell to $3.53. The national average also has fallen, down to $3.64.
The association survey found Beaumont has the cheapest gasoline statewide at $3.39 per gallon. Dallas and Fort Worth have the most expensive retail gasoline in Texas at $3.62 per gallon.
Texas drivers on average are paying 28 cents less than this time last year.
AAA says it's too soon to determine whether retail prices have peaked for the spring because there's still refinery maintenance to be completed and much of the country has yet to transition to summer-blend gasoline.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase