HOUSTON (AP) - A school principal in Houston has been accused of shoplifting about $350 worth of Christmas ornaments and men's clothing from a department store.
The Houston Independent School District on Tuesday said Tammie Daily has been temporarily reassigned amid the investigation.
The principal at Shadydale Elementary School was arrested Sunday on a misdemeanor theft charge. An attorney for Daily says the 52-year-old woman put the ornaments in a shopping bag to protect the items and then forgot to pay.
Daily, who makes nearly $112,000 annually, also allegedly did not pay for some cologne, a man's shirt and two ties. She paid for the items after being stopped by store personnel, but was then arrested, charged and later released.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin