HOUSTON (AP) - A Houston-area elementary school teacher and music instructor has been charged with having sex with a 13-year-old girl attending band camp.
Harris County jail records show 42-year-old Kenyan Rodgers was being held Tuesday on charges of indecency with a child and aggravated sexual assault of a child. Bond was set at $200,000 for Rodgers, who was booked July 16.
A statement Monday from the Fort Bend Independent School District says Rodgers, who taught at Ridgegate Elementary School, has been put on administrative leave.
Rodgers was teaching at a band camp being held on the campus of Texas Southern University in Houston and was arrested by school police. Court documents indicate the alleged sexual encounter happened in a parking garage.
No attorney was listed for Rodgers, who's not affiliated with TSU.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco