HOUSTON (AP) - A Houston-area elementary school teacher and music instructor has been charged with having sex with a 13-year-old girl attending band camp.
Harris County jail records show 42-year-old Kenyan Rodgers was being held Tuesday on charges of indecency with a child and aggravated sexual assault of a child. Bond was set at $200,000 for Rodgers, who was booked July 16.
A statement Monday from the Fort Bend Independent School District says Rodgers, who taught at Ridgegate Elementary School, has been put on administrative leave.
Rodgers was teaching at a band camp being held on the campus of Texas Southern University in Houston and was arrested by school police. Court documents indicate the alleged sexual encounter happened in a parking garage.
No attorney was listed for Rodgers, who's not affiliated with TSU.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer