HOUSTON (AP) - A Houston-area elementary school teacher and music instructor has been charged with having sex with a 13-year-old girl attending band camp.
Harris County jail records show 42-year-old Kenyan Rodgers was being held Tuesday on charges of indecency with a child and aggravated sexual assault of a child. Bond was set at $200,000 for Rodgers, who was booked July 16.
A statement Monday from the Fort Bend Independent School District says Rodgers, who taught at Ridgegate Elementary School, has been put on administrative leave.
Rodgers was teaching at a band camp being held on the campus of Texas Southern University in Houston and was arrested by school police. Court documents indicate the alleged sexual encounter happened in a parking garage.
No attorney was listed for Rodgers, who's not affiliated with TSU.
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Texas man charged with beheading wife after police visit