HOUSTON (AP) - - A Houston elementary school teacher has been told by administrators to stop writing on students as criticism or reminders.
The teacher allegedly used a marker to put the letter "B'' on a student's forehead when he apparently didn't do his homework.
The teacher works at Thurgood Marshall Elementary School.
A statement Monday from the Houston Independent School District said administrators met with the teacher, whose name hasn't been released, and he confirmed the allegations. HISD said the situation is being handled as a personnel matter and the teacher has been told to cease the practice.
One parent, Victor Jimenez, said his 8-year-old son's face was written on and the educator should not be allowed to continue teaching.
- Abilene City Council to review entire code of ordinances
- Taylor County grand jury indicts 32 on criminal charges
- Abilene women indicted for trafficking meth with children in car
- Outdoor workout equipment now available at Red Bud Park in Abilene
- Abilene City Council approves rezoning for downtown microbrewery