COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) - An unemployed teacher who thought a bag on a road carried a dirty diaper found more than $200,000 and returned the cash to a bank.
Chase bank officials in return gave Candace Scott a $500 credit gift card.
Scott on Tuesday morning was driving and saw a clear bag with a blue zipper. She says it looked like money inside but then thought the bag had a soiled diaper.
Scott found two bundles of hundred dollar bills in the bag with a Chase label and then drove to a nearby bank branch.
Scott guessed the bag had about $200,000. She says the branch manager responded "or more."
A Chase spokesman praised Scott for returning the money but declined further comment about the cash.
- Calif. lawmakers pass bill inspired by Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued