ALEDO, Texas (AP) - A 17-year-old is accused of gunning down his mother and teenage sister at their North Texas home.
Parker County authorities say Jake Evans called 911 early Thursday morning and said he had just used a .22-caliber revolver to kill his mother and 15-year-old sister.
Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler says there's no evidence anyone else participated in the shootings. He says investigators believe Evans' father was out of town on business when the slayings took place at the family home near Aledo, about 20 miles west of Fort Worth.
He says Evans will be charged with capital murder. Authorities aren't saying what could have been the motive.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot