ALEDO, Texas (AP) - A 17-year-old is accused of gunning down his mother and teenage sister at their North Texas home.
Parker County authorities say Jake Evans called 911 early Thursday morning and said he had just used a .22-caliber revolver to kill his mother and 15-year-old sister.
Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler says there's no evidence anyone else participated in the shootings. He says investigators believe Evans' father was out of town on business when the slayings took place at the family home near Aledo, about 20 miles west of Fort Worth.
He says Evans will be charged with capital murder. Authorities aren't saying what could have been the motive.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck