HOUSTON, Texas - Police say a 17-year-old has died after being accidentally shot at his Houston home while grabbing a gun from his friend.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva tells the Houston Chronicle that Corbin George was shot Saturday night. She says he was taken to a hospital where he was briefly treated before being pronounced dead.
Silva said George's friend brought the gun to the house "for safekeeping." She says, "George grabs the gun from the friend and gets accidentally shot."
She said the case will go before a Harris County grand jury to determine whether the friend could face charges.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide