HOUSTON, Texas - Police say a 17-year-old has died after being accidentally shot at his Houston home while grabbing a gun from his friend.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva tells the Houston Chronicle that Corbin George was shot Saturday night. She says he was taken to a hospital where he was briefly treated before being pronounced dead.
Silva said George's friend brought the gun to the house "for safekeeping." She says, "George grabs the gun from the friend and gets accidentally shot."
She said the case will go before a Harris County grand jury to determine whether the friend could face charges.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon