HOUSTON, Texas - Police say a 17-year-old has died after being accidentally shot at his Houston home while grabbing a gun from his friend.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva tells the Houston Chronicle that Corbin George was shot Saturday night. She says he was taken to a hospital where he was briefly treated before being pronounced dead.
Silva said George's friend brought the gun to the house "for safekeeping." She says, "George grabs the gun from the friend and gets accidentally shot."
She said the case will go before a Harris County grand jury to determine whether the friend could face charges.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated