HOUSTON, Texas - Police say a 17-year-old has died after being accidentally shot at his Houston home while grabbing a gun from his friend.
Houston police spokeswoman Jodi Silva tells the Houston Chronicle that Corbin George was shot Saturday night. She says he was taken to a hospital where he was briefly treated before being pronounced dead.
Silva said George's friend brought the gun to the house "for safekeeping." She says, "George grabs the gun from the friend and gets accidentally shot."
She said the case will go before a Harris County grand jury to determine whether the friend could face charges.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account