HOUSTON (AP) - Houston police say a 19-year-old man has been severely hurt when a homemade bomb exploded as he allegedly tried to use it to blow up some turtles.
According to police, the Kingwood man suffered severe injuries to his hands and lower extremities.
The man apparently lit a cigar, which police believe produced ash that ignited a cartridge in his pocket. Police declined to release further details on the homemade bomb but say no charges have been filed over Saturday night's incident at a bayou.
Names of the injured man, further details on his condition and the identity of an 18-year-old male who was with the victim haven't been released.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen