NEW CANEY, Texas (AP) - A Houston-area teenager wearing headphones and walking on some railroad tracks has died after being hit by a freight train.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office identifies the victim as 18-year-old Chris Neves of New Caney.
Authorities believe Neves around noon Sunday was listening to music while walking to his girlfriend's home in New Caney and did not hear the train.
Investigators and Union Pacific Railroad officials said crew members braked and sounded the horn but the teen did not move off the tracks.
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident