NEW CANEY, Texas (AP) - A Houston-area teenager wearing headphones and walking on some railroad tracks has died after being hit by a freight train.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office identifies the victim as 18-year-old Chris Neves of New Caney.
Authorities believe Neves around noon Sunday was listening to music while walking to his girlfriend's home in New Caney and did not hear the train.
Investigators and Union Pacific Railroad officials said crew members braked and sounded the horn but the teen did not move off the tracks.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated