From the Texas Tribune:
When Texas Education Agency Commissioner Michael Williams told senators Tuesday that he had "accepted the recommendation" to move forward an A through F public school accountability rating system that would take effect in 2014, he didn't mean that the recommendation came from the agency's two advisory committees that have met for the past year to develop the new system.
Those two panels — made up of educators, superintendents, members of the business community and legislative staff — actually opposed the A through F plan.
Click here to see the entire story.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital