PASADENA, Texas - A woman has been arrested after a deadly shooting in a Houston-area neighborhood.
The Houston Chronicle reports the shooting occurred Saturday afternoon in front of a home in a quiet Pasadena neighborhood.
Pasadena Police Department spokesman Vance Mitchell says a woman was arrested a short time after the shooting just a few blocks from the crime scene. He says it is unclear what led to the incident but the two women appear to have known each other.
The identities of the alleged shooter and the victim have not been released.
Mitchell says police have found a handgun that was thrown from a car window and believe that to be the murder weapon.
- Updated Police: Man now faces murder charge in Big Spring after woman, 64, dies
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget