PASADENA, Texas - A woman has been arrested after a deadly shooting in a Houston-area neighborhood.
The Houston Chronicle reports the shooting occurred Saturday afternoon in front of a home in a quiet Pasadena neighborhood.
Pasadena Police Department spokesman Vance Mitchell says a woman was arrested a short time after the shooting just a few blocks from the crime scene. He says it is unclear what led to the incident but the two women appear to have known each other.
The identities of the alleged shooter and the victim have not been released.
Mitchell says police have found a handgun that was thrown from a car window and believe that to be the murder weapon.
- Texas Senate to vote on bill to fund downtown Abilene hotel
- Abilene splash pads to open for summer Wednesday
- Early voting can have significant impact on elections
- 18-wheeler carrying sheet rock flips on Abilene highway
- Abilene City Council asking for public input during special meeting
- Survey of Abilene homeless population shows increase in numbers
- Brown County police chief disgusted Brownwood man's sentence was shortened
- RadioShack latest victim in wave of corporate closures in Brownwood
- Brownwood man commuted by President Obama released from jail on Tuesday
- Police: Brownwood man wasn't victim of drive-by shooting, instead shot himself
- Brown County commissioners approve reducing speed limit on CC Woodson Road
- Brown County political forum scheduled for Tuesday night
- Coleman County voters to decide on $9.1 million bond for new LEC
- Breckenridge woman killed in rollover crash
- Zephyr ISD approves new football turf amid ongoing litigation
- Albany City Councilman gets 10 years of probation for indecency with child
- Students honor Snyder High School math teacher killed in West Texas crash
- Hwy 84/183 in Brown County reopened after 2-hour delay