WEATHERFORD, Texas (AP) - A North Texas woman has been charged in the death of her husband at the couple's home where deputies previously responded to domestic disturbance calls.
The Parker County Sheriff's Office said 53-year-old Katherine Kuehner of Weatherford was being held without bond Tuesday on a murder charge.
Sheriff Larry Fowler said deputies Monday afternoon found 51-year-old Curtis Kuehner dead with an apparent gunshot wound to the head. Autopsy results are pending.
Fowler said Katherine Kuehner at the time of her arrest had injuries consistent with a recent physical altercation. Investigators said the wife implicated herself in the shooting. Two guns were seized.
Fowler said there's a history of domestic calls to the residence since 2010 but the individuals refused to press charges. He didn't say how many times deputies had responded.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide